EDF (Energy traceability) - Engineer Intern Needs 2018
EDF-4: Interns on energy traceability
Organisation introduction– EDF CHINA R&D CENTER
In EDF China R&D Centre, the GEMOS team (Grid and Electricity Market by Optimization and Statistics) is considered as the center of competence and expertise in the field of power network. The main technical research areas are as follows:
- The modelling and simulation of electrical network and the equipment;
- The key technologies of microgrid, smart grid and power quality analysis;
- The integration modelling of renewable energy and the evaluation of its impacts on the current power networks;
- The electric mobility and the impact on the power network;
- The innovative digitalisation of the network and the associated services;
- The analysis of the Chinese electricity market evolution and the new business models.
EDF-4: Interns on Energy traceability introduction
The traditional power-flow study aims to obtain complete voltages angle and amplitude information for each bus in a power system. Based on this information, active and reactive power on each branch could be then analytically calculated. However, with more and more distributed generators integrated, some more detailed energy flow information is needed to do the power grid analysis.
The energy traceability function, based on Kron reduction, is supposed to be implemented in distribution network and figure out where the consumer’s electricity comes from and where the producer’s power really goes.
1. Develop energy traceability function in Matlab/Python
2. Implement the function into blockchain;
1. Required education level
Gap year or last year of the master student
A very good level of English is required, which is the working language. Fluency in French is an advantage.
a) Knowledge of power flow calculation
b) Knowledge of electric network
c) Skilled in Matlab and Python
6 months, expected to start before the May 2018