主讲课程：Resistance of materials
Professor DANG VAN Ky was born the 06/02/41 at Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. He move to France in 1949 and studied in Paris. He was graduate civil engineer from Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées of Paris in 1964. Then he worked as researcher at the Laboratoire de Mécanique des Solides of Ecole polytechnique and received in 1973 the title of Docteur- es Sciences from the University of Paris 6.
Directeur de Recherche de 1ère Classe du CNRS (Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique de France or National Research Foundation of France).
Research Director at the Laboratory of Solid Mechanic of Ecole polytechnique.
Professor Dang Van has taught Mechanical Science and different related topics at the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées of Paris, at the University of Technology of Compiègne, and at the Ecole Nationale des Techniques Avancées of Paris…and different other courses at the University.
He has taken part to different international courses and lectures as coordinator or as professor, in particular at the C.I.S.M. (Centre International des Sciences Mécaniques) of Udine, Italy.
He is retired from CNRS at the end of 2008.
Since 2009, he is Scientific Director of Mecamix, an Institution located on the campus of Ecole polytechnique devoted to promote and to increase in value the results of research works.
National and International Awards:
Professor Dang Van has received different awards for his contributions to the theory of fatigue. He is the author of a multiaxial fatigue criterion widely used in the industry.
Among the awards:
· -the Montgolfier 99 Medal, given by the Société d’Encouragement de l’Industrie Nationale of France;
· -the Silver Médal 1995 of the C.N.R.S. (National Science Fondation of Fance)
· -the Alexandre Darracq Award given by the French Academy of Sciences (1991)
· -the Letord Medal 88, given by the Société d’Encouragement de l’Industrie Nationale of France (French Society for Promotion of Industry)
· In 1984 he was awarded by the Jacob Wallenberg Foundation (Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences).
Professor Dang Van is Scientific Consultant and was Advisor of different industries. He has published more than seventy papers.