Course Name: Incompressible fluid mechanics
A) Pr. Antoine Sellier
Currently teaching at Ecole Polytechnique two different courses: "Compressible Flow" and "Low-Reynolds-Number flow"
Laboratory: LadHyX, Ecole Polytechnique
B) Research Fields:
- Asymptotic analysis in Fluid Mechanics
- Boundary Integral Equations with applications in Fluid Meachnics
- MagnetoHydrodynamics (impurities remouval in three-dimensional flows of suspensions involving insulating or conducting solid particles)
- Stokes flows and applications to suspensions (sedimentation, effective viscosity of dilute suspensions in Poiseuille or Couette flow)
- Creeping free surface flows and bubbles
- Boundary conditions for complex surfaces and interfaces (Navier slip condition, Beaver and Joseph boundary condition)
C) Selected papers:
1. Guermond, J. L. and Sellier, A. 1991 A unified lifting-line theory. J. Fluid. Mech. 229, 427-451.
2. Olendraru, C. and Sellier, A. 2002 Viscous effects in the absolute--convective instability
of the Batchelor vortex. J. Fluid. Mech. 459, 371 - 396.
3. Moffatt, H.K. and Sellier, A. 2002
Migration of an insulating particle under the action
of uniform ambient electric and magnetic fields. Part 1. General theory.
J. Fluid. Mech.} 464, 279-286.
4. Sellier, A. 2003
Migration of an insulating particle under the action of uniform am-
bient electric and magnetic fields. Part 2. Boundary formulation and
ellipsoidal particles. J. Fluid. Mech. 488, 335-353.
5. Ueda, Y.; Sellier, A.; Kida, T. \& Nakanishi, M. 2003
On the low Reynolds number flow about two rotating circular cylinders.
J. Fluid. Mech. 495, 255-281.
6. Sellier, A. 2004
On the capillary motion of arbitrary clusters of spherical bubbles.
Part 1. General theory. J. Fluid. Mech. 504, 391-401.
7. Pigeonneau, F. and Sellier, A. 2011
Low-Reynolds-Number gravity-driven migration and deformation of bubbles near a free surface
Physics of Fluids 23, 092102.
8. Khabthani S., Sellier A., Elasmi L. and Feuillebois F. 2012
Motion of a solid particle in a shear flow along a porous slab.
J. Fluid. Mech. 713, 271-306.
9. Felderhof B. U. and Sellier, A. 2012
Mobility matrix of a spherical particle translating and rotating in a viscous
fluid confined in a spherical cell, and the rate of escape from the cell.
J. Chem. Phys. 136, 054703.
10. Feuillebois, F., Ekiel-Jezewska, M., Wajnryb, E., Sellier, A. and Blawzdziewicz, J. 2014.
High-frequency viscosity of a dilute suspension of elongated particles in a linear shear flow between two walls
J. Fluid Mech. 764, 133- 147.