The SJTU – ParisTech Elite Institute of Technology (SPEIT) brings together the strengths of leading French Grandes Ecoles (Ecole Polytechnique, Mines ParisTech, Telecom Paris, ENSTA Paris) and of Shanghai Jiao Tong University to develop Sino-French research and innovation collaboration and to educate high-potential Chinese and international students to become industrial leaders and innovators with:
• a broad-based scientific background
• the ability to evolve in a multicultural business environment
• a forefront knowledge in one specialty field: Information and Communication Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Power and Energy Engineering.
8. April 2012: Launch of the Project
September 2012: First Intake of Students
26. April 2013: Inauguration by French President M. François Hollande
March 2015: First Mobility of SPEIT Students to France (Ecole Polytechnique)
12. October 2015: Got the Accreditation of the French Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs and EUR-ACE : SPEIT graduates are awarded French titre d’ingénieur, which is internationally acknowledged as an equivalent to a Master in Engineering.
June 2016, SPEIT was granted an excellent Sino-French collaboration award by Chinese Vice-Prime Minister and French Minister of Education.
September 2016, First Semester of Master Programme : in France !
Oct 2018,SPEIT received CTI Accreditation Renewal and EUR-ACE Label.
March 2019, First postgraduate students graduated from SPEIT.