一、基本信息 Basic Information
为了响应国家“卓越工程师教育培养计划”重大改革项目的号召，引进法国先进的工程师培养理念，为社会发展储备未来的精英工程师，上海交通大学于2012年与法国巴黎高科技工程师学校集团合作创办成立“上海交大-巴黎高科卓越工程师学院”。学院机械专业领域依托学校机械工程一级学科 (A+)的发展优势与雄厚的教学资源，与巴黎国立高等电信学校 ( Telecom Paris)、巴黎高科国立高等矿业学校（Mines ParisTech）、巴黎综合理工学校(Ecole Polytechnique)与巴黎国立高等先进技术学校 （ENSTA Paris），强强联合，共同设立并合作建设。
In 2012, in order to respond to the call of the major reform project of the national “excellent engineer education and training plan”, to introduce the advanced French engineer training concept and to educate elite engineers for the social development, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), in cooperation with ParisTech Group, established the STU-ParisTech Elite Institute of Technology. Relying on the development advantages and abundant teaching resources of Mechanical Engineering of SJTU, this major is set jointly by SJTU and Telecom Paris, Mines ParisTech, Ecole Polytechnique and ENSTA Paris.
All fundamental courses are taught by teaching teams leaded by French senior professors. In the teams, foreign teachers occupied around 60％, and all Chinese teachers have Ph.D degree with the background of having been studied in France. Teachers for major/discipline courses are from three French partner schools and from SJTU, as well as Chinese and French senior experts from Chinese or French enterprises. All courses are taught in foreign languages（French or English）.
The research fields include: machine design and manufacturing and its automation, material molding and control engineering, process equipment and control engineering, mechanical engineering and automation, automotive engineering, mechatronic engineering, automobile service engineering, manufacturing automation and measurement and control engineering, MEMS engineering, manufacturing engineering and other fields. After several years of development, the graduates of this major have been employed in many key fields, the core competitiveness has been continuously improved, the employment advantages are obvious, and the advantages of Sino -foreign cooperation in talent culitivation are gradually reflected.
三、培养目标 Program Objective
The curriculum, covering mechanics, materials, control and other multi-disciplinary subjects, with combination of industrial engineering, innovative management, cultures and other soft science training and practice, aims at：
1. Train students to acquire abundant and foundational basic theory in mechanical industrial field and master relative knowledge in mechanical major;
2. This major provides a lot of practice and internship courses to improve and train student‘s application ability;
3. International educational curriculum cooperated with top French engineer schools could assist students to have a deeper understanding of frontier technology, development trend and latest application of this field in the world;
4. Apart from specialized courses, various kinds of courses are provided, such as financial and management courses, humanity courses as well as English and French language courses. All these multi-functional training ways could help students to have a strong capability in innovation with broad international horizon and excellent ability in social activity management, and to develop into an outstanding engineer in future.
四、培养方式及学习年限 Training Mode and Study Duration
Based on the advantages of both SJTU and French partner schools in teaching team as well as the disciplines, this program integrates the requirements of both sides on talent cultivation and adopts full-time learning. The study period is 2.5 years, but no longer than 3.5 years.
五、课程学习要求 Course Requirement
六、培养过程要求 Training Requirement
1. From semester 1-3, course study will be finished;
2. By the end of semester 3, thesis proposal will be organized;
3. By the end of semester 4, mid-term evaluation will be made;
4. By the end of semester 5, thesis defense will be taken;
5. During semester 5, students need to do a 24-week full- time engineer internship in companies or research institute, submit an internship report and pass the presentation, which is corresponding to 24 credits.
七、学术成果要求 Requirement on Academic Achievements
In order to improve ones’ overall ability on innovation, research, practice and academics, students are encouraged to take part in research projects under supervision of SJTU and industry tutors. It is recommendated that students choose to conduct scientific and technological research with some important application values or to undertake comprehensive training on specialized technical work . During this research, students are encouraged to make active exploration and obtain some research achievements. At least one of the following requirements needs to be accomplished before being eligible for master thesis: 1 academic paper, 1 patent granted, 1 software copyright registration or 1 technical report. Please refer to the relevant regulations of SPEIT for detailed requirements.
八、学位论文 Thesis/dissertation work
The institute encourages students to complete their master thesis in combination with research projects of engineer internship in enterprises. The topics of thesis should have certain engineering background and theoretical research depth related to the major. The problems to be solved need to have certain innovation, technical difficulty and practical application value. The final thesis shall reflect the practicability and innovation of the work achievements.
According to the contents of the research, the thesis is acceptable in several types, varying from advanced technology and method, product research and development, engineering design, application research to engineering / project management etc. ; in addition, the research achievements and contents of the thesis must comply with the principles of academic ethics and integrity, and the writing format shall conform to the master‘s thesis writing standard of Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
After students pass the mid-term evaluation, complete the thesis and get the permission by supervisors, usually their final thesis shall be reviewed before the 15th week of semester 5. Upon the pass of the review, students are permitted to attend the defense. The process consists of small group defense and big group defense. The defense time is generally 17-18 weeks of semester 5 and the beginning of the spring semester followed respectively.